One of the biggest talks of my life
In a few weeks, I’m giving one of the biggest talks in my life… so far!
I’m excited–and honored–to be one of six SUE Talk presenters on October 12th in San Diego.
What’s a SUE Talk? It’s a TED-style, 12-minute talk where each presenter shares their story of overcoming adversity in business and the lessons they’ve learned along the way. SUE stands for Successful, Unstoppable, Empowered.
This amazing experience so far has come with a few insights:
1) The value of support – Receiving coaching for my talk has made the experience so much more FUN and far less nerve-wracking than if I was doing it on my own. And wise input from others has helped me create a more compelling talk!
2) Every word counts – Distilling my message down to 10 minutes has been a wonderful challenge. It’s helped me clarify the essence of what I’m truly here to share and realize that fewer words can still have enormous impact.
3) Public speaking still brings me to my edge – I’ll be sharing a story that I’ve never publicly shared before in my upcoming talk, and what an opportunity this process has been to let go of more anxiety, self-doubt and worry about what others will think. I can honestly say I’m truly grateful for this.
- Puppy, Paris & passion projects, oh my! - July 6, 2022
- Favorite quote from TEDxSanDiego & how this relates to you - April 1, 2022
- My biggest “aha” as a TEDx speaker coach - February 18, 2022
- 2021 gratitude & new year’s intentions - January 27, 2022
- How to find your Big Idea + my SUE Talk! - December 21, 2021