Last week I had a powerful conversation with my coach where the fear of “what will people think?” came up big time for me.
Because even though I’m considered to be a fairly visible entrepreneur who teaches workshops, speaks and emcees events monthly, I’m on my edge of knowing I’m here to expand, reach way more people, and be seen even MORE.
And I imagine YOU are dancing around your edge of desiring to be seen and visible; to share your message in a much more powerful, potent, and expansive way; to exponentially grow your income and impact; and to attract more amazing people that you love to work with to your tribe.
So, here are the insights I received that address the common fear of “what will people think?”:
1) It doesn’t really matter what people will think. And it DOES matter.
Because I’m a sensitive soul and I can’t deny that it hurts when I feel ignored or put down. So I’m learning to hold BOTH and get support when I need it.
2) The more I put myself “out there” in a bold, NO pussyfooting, watered-down way, the more people I can help. The RIGHT people.
And it’s totally OK and even makes my life easier and more fun when I REPEL the ones I’m not here to serve!
3) The “what will people think?” voice isn’t the REAL ME. It IS a common voice that is part of my shared humanity with others, but it isn’t the Truth, with a capital “T,” and it has no place in the Divine Me.
4) And, finally, this insight really cinched it: I’m here to get my message out and reach way more people there through speaking, videos, livestreams, etc. because I’M IMPORTANT.
I do it for me.
And this relationship I have with myself is truly the most important one of all!
Where are you wanting to step up and be seen more? With speaking? Workshops? Creating videos? Doing Facebook Lives?
And what’s holding you back?
Underlying the voice of “What will people think?” is a core fear that you will lose love, acceptance or be rejected by others.
And one of the best ways to move beyond your fear is to get into action and receive the abundance of support around you.
With my 30-year background in marketing (yes, I started when I was 5! ), I’m here to help you clarify and communicate your message so that you captivate your audience and scale your income and impact.
I’d love to invite you to my 1-day workshop called Speak, Shine, Sell, to create your client-attracting signature talk and use this as your launching pad to greater VISIBILITY, income and impact.
The workshop is coming up on Friday, September 28, and you can get all the details and register here.
Because you are part of my community, I’m offering a $50 savings when you sign up by this Friday the 21st! Use code SHINE50OFF at checkout.
Wouldn’t you agree we need more light-filled transformational messages that inspire hope, positivity, enthusiasm, joy and freedom?
I know this is what YOUR message is about. And we need to hear it.
Don’t let the fear of “what others will think” stop you from shining, sharing your transformational insights and expertise, skyrocketing your income, and serving way more amazing people.
Do it for you. Because you’re important. You matter. Your light is needed just as much as anyone else’s.
P.S. I’m proud to say this will be the 14th time I’ve taught the Speak, Shine, Sell Workshop–and it keeps getting better. I’m truly grateful so many entrepreneurs have loved it and benefited from it.
Read what other soulful entrepreneurs say about Speak, Shine, Sell here.
- ✨My 2018 Recap + Theme for the New Year✨ - January 17, 2019
- You Are Important to Me - November 20, 2018
- Here’s how I respond to “What will people think?” - October 11, 2018
- 3 Things to Master as a Soulpreneur (Plus Lava Cave Photos!) - July 2, 2018
- What I’ve Been Resisting in My Biz… and You? - April 23, 2018