Here’s how I respond to “What will people think?”
Last week I had a powerful conversation with my coach where the fear of “what will people think?” came up big time for me.
Because even though I’m considered to be a fairly visible entrepreneur who teaches workshops, speaks and emcees events monthly, I’m on my edge of knowing I’m here to expand, reach way more people, and be seen even MORE.
And I imagine YOU are dancing around your edge of desiring to be seen and visible; to share your message in a much more powerful, potent, and expansive way; to exponentially grow your income and impact; and to attract more amazing people that you love to work with to your tribe.
So, here are the insights I received that address the common fear of “what will people think?”:
1) It doesn’t really matter what people will think. And it DOES matter.
Because I’m a sensitive soul and I can’t deny that it hurts when I feel ignored or put down. So I’m learning to hold BOTH and get support when I need it.
2) The more I put myself “out there” in a bold, NO pussyfooting, watered-down way, the more people I can help. The RIGHT people.
And it’s totally OK and even makes my life easier and more fun when I REPEL the ones I’m not here to serve!
3) The “what will people think?” voice isn’t the REAL ME. It IS a common voice that is part of my shared humanity with others, but it isn’t the Truth, with a capital “T,” and it has no place in the Divine Me.
4) And, finally, this insight really cinched it: I’m here to get my message out and reach way more people there through speaking, videos, livestreams, etc. because I’M IMPORTANT.
I do it for me.
And this relationship I have with myself is truly the most important one of all!
Where are you wanting to step up and be seen more? With speaking? Workshops? Creating videos? Doing Facebook Lives?
And what’s holding you back?
Underlying the voice of “What will people think?” is a core fear that you will lose love, acceptance or be rejected by others.
And one of the best ways to move beyond your fear is to get into action and receive the abundance of support around you.
With my 30-year background in marketing (yes, I started when I was 5! ), I’m here to help you clarify and communicate your message so that you captivate your audience and scale your income and impact.
Wouldn’t you agree we need more light-filled transformational messages that inspire hope, positivity, enthusiasm, joy and freedom?
I know this is what YOUR message is about. And we need to hear it.
Don’t let the fear of “what others will think” stop you from shining, sharing your transformational insights and expertise, skyrocketing your income, and serving way more amazing people.
Do it for you. Because you’re important. You matter. Your light is needed just as much as anyone else’s.
- Puppy, Paris & passion projects, oh my! - July 6, 2022
- Favorite quote from TEDxSanDiego & how this relates to you - April 1, 2022
- My biggest “aha” as a TEDx speaker coach - February 18, 2022
- 2021 gratitude & new year’s intentions - January 27, 2022
- How to find your Big Idea + my SUE Talk! - December 21, 2021