Come Boogieboarding with Me?
This summer I was guided to pause on intense business-building activities and really surrender to play, rest and renewal. I discovered it wasn’t so easy to pull back from the habitual patterns of being a “super doer.” My mind would go crazy at times wondering why I wasn’t doing MORE or feeling fearful that I was “falling behind.”
And yet another part of me relished the interlude and really enjoyed our summer visitors, precious time with dear family and friends, lazy vacation days, celebrations, lots of beach time… and boogieboarding!
I’m blessed I have the freedom as a business owner to work and play when I want to and take time for these important “resets.”
My biggest takeaway from the summer pause? Trust and follow my inner guidance daily, moment to moment, for every business decision and action I take. Plus, I got these two specific things:
1) Spend more time journaling throughout my work day and asking for clear next steps and guidance–like I did for this very email. 🙂
2) Spend less time looking at what others are doing. Follow my own creative impulses and trust the unique expression within. Be willing to take risks and give myself much more room to let the genie (or the genius?) out of the bottle, so to speak.
This is what I’m saying a big YES to: creating a business that is divinely guided every step of the way, which often means there’s no roadmap or no set formula for what that looks like! I’m excited to share this journey with you.
- When it’s good to be “inappropriate” - July 30, 2020
- My big wake-up call - July 1, 2020
- A missing piece for many women speakers - May 27, 2020
- Places where you can be speaking online, right now - May 15, 2020
- My #1 practice to calm fear & anxiety ✨ - April 15, 2020