A missing piece for many women speakers
“When a woman feels beautiful and beautifully cared for, her radiance cannot help but shine through.”
– Regena Thomashauer
A missing piece for many women speakers and entrepreneurs is the unapologetic expression of our Shine Factor!
What do I mean by “Shine Factor”?
It’s the magnetic, often mysterious, glow of a woman–that comes not so much from her outer beauty, although that’s a part of it, but more from her inner beauty, her inner joy and radiant light from within.
This is an important (but often overlooked) part of speaking to magnetically attract your ideal clients and expand your income–without the push, force or struggle.
When you are glowing from within–when your inner Shine Factor is turned on and up to full wattage–your body chemistry changes.
You literally release good-feeling endorphins that not only make YOU feel good, but your audience, too. This translates over a Zoom-room stage, too. Even a prospective client you’re on the phone with can feel it! They naturally relax and respond to your vibes, which then creates genuine connection, trust and often a desire to hire you, refer you or collaborate with you.
What fuels your Shine Factor more than anything?
====> Serving your five senses with delight and beauty!
In my almost 52 years on this planet, expressing my “Shine Factor” hasn’t been easy for me. It’s certainly not the way I was raised by my mom (she didn’t get that training from her mom) or the culture I grew up in.
I’ve had to learn and practice over & over how to exquisitely care for myself–the key to expressing inner radiance–and let go of guilt or shame around doing so.
So as we head into the long holiday weekend, here are some simple ways I want to pass along to support you to amplify your Shine Factor and stand out as a speaker (even in a Zoom room!):
* Keep essential oils at your desk to delight your olfactory sense. (When I need a quick pick-me-up, I put a drop of peppermint oil in the palms of my hands and inhale deeply.)
* Take frequent breaks and step outside in bare feet. Feel the sun on your face and the energy from the earth beneath you.
* Keep your desk clean and clutter free. Freshen it up with a plant, flowers or healing stones.
* Get camera-ready in a way that feels good to you. During this quarantine time, I’ve been delighting in almost every day putting on makeup, styling my hair, and putting on a top I love (often with comfy yoga bottoms!) for my many Zoom calls.
* Start your day with movement, get the breath flowing and the body energized. (My husband and I have started practicing Kundalini yoga in the mornings, and we’re loving it.)
* Listen to uplifting music to elevate your mood. One of my latest faves is India.Arie’s “Songversation: Medicine” album. Luciously inspiring!
* Have “sacred alone time” each day. Set aside special time to journal, meditate, reflect, read inspiring works, stretch, dance and connect with precious you.
* Set a timer every hour to pause and take a breath. (My timer is set for 5 minutes before each hour–I’m reminded to pause what I’m doing, stand up & move around, take a deep, cleansing breath, take a sip of water, and reset.)
* Make your bed every morning.
Find and do the ones that light you up. It ALL contributes to you expressing your unique Shine Factor and magnetic presence–the key to standing out as a speaker and entrepreneur.
And, remember, it’s all for YOUR joy. When your joy is amplified, it naturally flows out and expands others’ joy.
This is how we heal & uplift the world and make our most inspiring impact.
- Favorite quote from TEDxSanDiego & how this relates to you - April 1, 2022
- My biggest “aha” as a TEDx speaker coach - February 18, 2022
- 2021 gratitude & new year’s intentions - January 27, 2022
- How to find your Big Idea + my SUE Talk! - December 21, 2021
- the MANY ways you can use a signature talk - October 7, 2021