5 Questions to Give “Edge” to Your Signature Talk
Happy Spring! Happy Persian New Year 🙂
Spring brings a new & fresh go-for-it energy into your life and business. Are you feeling it? I definitely am!
The energy that I’m tuning into is that it’s TIME to put the pedal to the metal and be fully expressed, unleashed, real, raw, vulnerable, as WE step out to share our messages and unique viewpoints.
But you may wonder, “What IS my unique message?” Or if you’re like many of my clients and workshop participants, you may ask “How DO I pick a topic for my talk?” (In fact, this very question came up last week in my Success Circle.)
Well, you definitely need to know who your ideal client is, intimately understand their #1 challenge, and use the exact words they use to describe it.
But what’s going to give your message the fire and “edge” that will have your ideal clients really take notice of you?
Because if you’re talking about your ideal clients’ #1 challenge the way everyone else is talking about it, then you don’t really stand out. Your talk can come across as “blasé” or like it’s missing a vital potency.
(Oh, boy, has that been true for me in my unfolding five-year journey of owning my own business and discovering what my true message is. In fact, I had a big “aha” last week around MY signature talk’s core message and “edge.”)
More often than not, your ideal client is someone like you. They’re struggling with something you’ve struggled with previously.
But now you’ve figured out how to get through that challenge, gained some expertise and mastery in that area, and know how to guide them in solving that problem.
So, yes, while you do want to create a talk that directly addresses your ideal clients’ #1 challenge, let’s start with YOU first.
Because when you take a stand for something you are passionate about, you stand out.
Here are 5 questions to give your talk the fire, passion and “edge” that will get your ideal clients attention in a powerfully magnetic way.
1) Is there something in the world you’re no longer willing to accept?
2) What do you see that is missing in our world or in your community?
3) Is there something you’re called to do something about?
4) Why are you passionate about what you do?
5) What do you believe that you are inviting others to believe with you?
Journal your answers to these questions this week. Then, drop me a line to let me know what you discover!
Let this vital momentum of Spring propel you into creating your signature talk and getting in front of your ideal clients–with your unique “edge” and viewpoint.
It’s TIME! Now, go for it.
With love & abundance,
P.S. I’m here to help you create YOUR client-attracting signature talk! Join me and other ambitious, soul-inspired entrepreneurs for the Speak Shine Sell Workshop.
- Puppy, Paris & passion projects, oh my! - July 6, 2022
- Favorite quote from TEDxSanDiego & how this relates to you - April 1, 2022
- My biggest “aha” as a TEDx speaker coach - February 18, 2022
- 2021 gratitude & new year’s intentions - January 27, 2022
- How to find your Big Idea + my SUE Talk! - December 21, 2021