I believe we all have an inner business wisdom expert.
It’s an inner voice, sense, knowing or nudge from our soul that is infinitely wise, calm, clear and directive on the decisions and actions to take in every area of lives–from our business, our relationships, our finances, our health, and even where to find that parking spot!
The key to hearing that wise expert guide in you is sloooooooowing down, taking time throughout your day to relax your mind and body completely, and setting aside regular intervals throughout your day to tune in and connect with that part of you.
Here’s an example of how I’ve been supported by my inner wisdom business expert: last month a Platinum client emailed me for coaching support in between our regular twice a month sessions. Instead of firing off a response in typical fashion, I breathed and felt into what she was really needing, and then I slept on it. I gave myself space for clarity and wisdom to emerge.
The next day I sent a brief email, saying what needed to be said to my client and asking her a simple question.
From that question a wealth of insights and clarity poured out of her, including articulating her genius, clarifying what she’s not good at and the specific areas where she is needing support.
I later heard back from her saying, “Look what your question inspired today. I have already written TWO blogs today that are very real!”
So how do we get in touch with this inner wisdom business expert (aka, our intuition)?
Because it’s typically not a loud, demanding voice, vision or sensation, although you may experience it that way. More often than not, it’s more like a whisper, a subtle nudge, a rippling of a vision, or an inspired idea that comes in when you’re in a relaxed state of mind. That’s why some of the best ideas can come when you’re taking a shower or just waking up from a nap!
Here are 3 ways you can access your inner wisdom business expert:
1) Get your morning download! (Coffee is optional.)
Start your day off with your journal and an empowering question you want to ask your inner wisdom business expert. Set a timer for 20 minutes and then write down whatever answers come to you. Don’t censor anything.Here are some sample questions to help get you started:
- What is mine to do today?
- What are the next steps for me to take in my business?
- What steps can I take today to attract my ideal clients? -
- As someone who easily attracts new ideal clients, who am I called to connect with today–or this week?
- What do I need to know about growing revenue in my business?
- What steps can I take today toward this project or goal of X?
- In what ways can I choose to show up in my power today?
- What do I need to let go of in my schedule or in my environment to create more space?
2) “Take two” throughout your day.
Create small moments throughout your day to relax your body and mind completely.You may feel like you don’t have time or don’t want to sit for 20 or 30 minutes in a mindfulness practice each day. I get it. I’m someone who has “tried” to have a regular meditation practice for years. Lately, I have found what works for me with meditating and that’s to take time throughout my day to still my mind. So I now set an alarm chime to go off at five minutes before each hour. When I hear the chime, I stop what I’m doing to relax, take some deep breaths, empty my mind and just be. I often set a timer for 2 minutes when I get this reminder, and just sit and breathe. I call this my “take two” time.
3) Pause and ask: Does this activity feel heavy or light? Does it make me feel focused or scattered?
With every business activity you are engaging in or are thinking about engaging in, you can pause and check in. What do you notice? Does it feel heavy or light or somewhere in between? Does it make you feel clear and focused, or scattered and overwhelmed? Where is your motivation for doing this coming from? Are you doing an activity because you “should” do it or it’s what the “experts” say to do? Or is it coming from your natural joy and self-expression? Does it really light you up? What drives a lot of my business decisions and actions is this noticing.
When an idea comes up that lights me up–even though it can feel scary, too!–then I know it’s my inner wisdom business expert talking to me. When I’m doing an activity that feels “heavy,” then I stop and reassess: Is this really mine to do? Or maybe I’ll ask, what support am I needing here?
Give one or more of these a try, and comment below with your thoughts or experiences with accessing your inner wisdom business expert!
- My Latest Fave Soul-Inspired Books to Uplevel Your Biz and Life - July 27, 2017
- One of My Top 5 Tools For Feminine Business Success - May 3, 2017
- 3 Easy Ways to Get Out of Overwhelm in Your Business - March 22, 2017
- How to Fall in Love With Your Marketing - February 14, 2017
- Happy Beautiful New 2017 to you! - January 5, 2017