Here’s what I hear a lot of these days from my clients and other entrepreneurs in my community:
I’m so overwhelmed! There’s so much I need to do — and should to — to grow my business. I feel like I’m spinning my wheels and not getting anywhere. How do I focus and prioritize? Help! Something has to change.
Can you relate?
I definitely go through waves of feeling overwhelmed in my business and other parts of my life, especially when family demands or a crisis call out for my attention.
When you’re in overwhelm, it most likely means you have too much on your plate or the wrong things on your plate, you’re spending too much time on non-revenue-generating activities, or you’re not reaching out for support in the ways you need to.
As Abraham says “You’re never going to get it all done, so what are you racing toward?”
Here’s a quick 3-question exercise to get you out of overwhelm and restore your focus on the things that really matter in your business, which I believe are revenue-generating activities that light you up so you can continue to make the difference you’re here to make!
Before you start, take a slow deep mindful breath.
1) What’s one activity you can give up or let go of?
2) Where’s one place you can say “no”?
3) Where’s one place you can clear up clutter?
Invest the 5 minutes now to honestly answer these questions, and let me know how it goes.
I just did this exercise and quickly deleted 4 things from my “to do” list and said “no” to a networking event tonight. I also committed to clearing the clutter of my desk by the end of this week. Now, your turn!
Affirm: I let go of overwhelm and practice saying “enlightened no’s” to people, situations, and opportunities that do not serve me at this time. Each moment of my workday solely exists to bring me joy. I remember to lighten up, laugh more and appreciate more. All is well.
Happy spring cleaning your business!
- My Latest Fave Soul-Inspired Books to Uplevel Your Biz and Life - July 27, 2017
- One of My Top 5 Tools For Feminine Business Success - May 3, 2017
- 3 Easy Ways to Get Out of Overwhelm in Your Business - March 22, 2017
- How to Fall in Love With Your Marketing - February 14, 2017
- Happy Beautiful New 2017 to you! - January 5, 2017