22 Things I Appreciate…
Appreciation and gratitude are high-vibe states I love to cultivate regularly, and not just when things are going my way.
Especially when it’s challenging, uncomfortable or painful, I make it a practice to feel my feelings fully and, with time, find the gift in the situation.
So on this Thanksgiving Eve, I’m called to share a personal email with 22 things I’m appreciating in my life right now.
1) I appreciate my intuition. 2016 has been THE year for me to 100% commit to following my inner guidance in everything. Which means it doesn’t always follow what the business experts say to do, make sense, or look like the best marketing strategy. However, when I listen deeply to my own inner GPS, I am so much happier! And one of the cool byproducts is that since I made that commitment mid-year, my revenue has doubled.
2) That being said, I appreciate all the business mentors, marketing experts and the invaluable coaching, advice and support I’ve received. Having high-level support to help me grow my business is one of my top values, and I’ve made incredible strides in expanding my reach, my offerings and my income through the guidance of mentors and coaches. However, the shift for me in 2016 is staking my claim as CEO. I’m the boss of my business, and I get to practice discernment in deciding what advice or strategies to follow.
3) I appreciate my husband and son. Getting married in my late thirties and having a child at 40 was a longtime dream-come-true, and I feel tremendously blessed to have these two amazing guys in my life. Having extraordinary relationships with both of them does take truth-telling, commitment, compassion and lots of patience–not always easy. Why is it that all of my “stuff” and emotional triggers come up the MOST with the two people I LOVE the most?! 😉 The “work” that’s required, however, is SO worth it for these priceless beings.
4) I appreciate my extended family and dear friends in California, Texas and other parts of the U.S. Wow-wee, are there differences among my family members that could look like sharp divides! Particularly when it comes to political viewpoints, spiritual beliefs, and lifestyle choices. However, I celebrate our diversity and the fact that we find many areas of common ground, especially when we come from love.
5) I appreciate my son’s learning challenges. One year ago my son had to leave a private school that we loved dearly. Out of that extremely painful situation, we discovered our son’s learning challenges and have been steadily getting him support for his unique learning style.
6) I appreciate my morning quiet time. I love getting up early an hour or two before my family each morning and having precious time all to myself–to read, journal, meditate, stretch, watch the sunrise, and savor my morning cup of coffee. This is one of my essential daily practices that keeps me lit from within.
7) I appreciate my yoga practice. I’m so grateful to have a physically challenging practice that has sustained me for more than 20 years.
8) I appreciate my business. Woohoooo! Another longtime dream-come-true. Being an entrepreneur is definitely not the easy path. It causes me to dig deep, stretch beyond my limits, grow through extreme discomfort, and pick myself up again when I’ve seemingly failed. Have I had thoughts of giving up or doing something else in the 4 years I’ve been in business? You bet. But overall, it’s a thrilling ride–one that is THE most fulfilling career path I’ve ever been on.
9) I appreciate my clients. Have I been lucky and blessed with the most amazing clients! It’s so rewarding to witness them growing their income and impact, moving far beyond what they thought was possible for their lives, and becoming more of who they authentically are.
10) I appreciate all the participants in my workshops and classes. What a thrill and blessing it’s been to deliver my Speak, Shine, Sell Workshop to enthusiastic participants 5 times this year, with one more coming up in December. Listening to and following my intuition one year ago resulted in me creating this successful workshop.
11) I appreciate my San Diego business and networking communities. Namely Women’s Wisdom, Hera Hub, and the Business Unusual Breakfast Club. Not only have I grown my business through these groups, but I’ve started to cultivate some deep and lasting friendships with the people I’ve gotten to know, that goes far beyond business.
12) I appreciate YOU. Thank you for being on my mailing list and reading my emails. Some of you I know very personally, some of you I’ve met only once or twice, and some of you I have yet to meet. But the fact you’re here tells me there is value in our connection, and I promise to continue growing this value, supporting you in creating the business and life of YOUR dreams, and, hopefully, exceeding your expectations in 2017!
13) I appreciate my “rock star” Mastermind partners. Each Monday morning for one hour, I meet by phone with two amazing women who are lifelong best friends of mine and also entrepreneurs. What started mostly as business-focused support almost 4 years ago has evolved into supporting each other in EVERY area of our lives.
14) I appreciate the books that have made a HUGE difference in my life this year. These include Florence Scovel Shinn’s books The Game of Life and How to Play It, Your Word is Your Wand, and The Magic Path of Intuition (all written in the 1920s – 1940s), plus Regena Thomashauer’s newest book.
15) I appreciate the year-long Mastery Coaching Certification Program I’m in this year. It was a big fat investment, and I’m grateful I’ve been able to pay it off and benefit from the tremendous mentoring, coaching, and business and leadership training I’ve received.
16) I appreciate my love/hate relationship with social media 🙂
17) I appreciate my daily money tracking practice. This is another one of my “essential daily 3’s” where I get to practice being mindful with my money each day and be with whatever feelings come up–the high of having a fabulous revenue month and the low of having an embarrassingly low month.
18) I appreciate all the support I have in running my business. Last year I made a critical decision to hire administrative and event support even before I thought I could afford it. I’m so grateful for my VA Cathy and event assistant Amy who free up my time so I can focus more on my genius. Plus, my rock star husband continues to be just that–a rock star who does everything from Chief Financial Officer to Chief Photo Copier.
19) I appreciate all the personal support that contributes to my business success and overall wellbeing. Here’s a small list of who’s made a big difference in my life this year: Judy & Ken Foster of Women’s Wisdom, Tziporah for relationship mentoring, Serena Jenichs for amazing hair styling, Orly of Bella Sareena for incredible facials, Ana Nieto for transformational weight training, my yoga teachers Geri and Chris, and Josee Brisbois for a fabulous closet makeover.
20) I appreciate the times I felt really stressed out and overwhelmed. Because that caused me to create “Self-Love Days” devoted solely to pleasure and what lights me up.|
21) I appreciate my failures, fears and foibles. They make me into a more well-rounded Rebecca, remind me to stay humbly human, give me a good laugh or cry sometimes, and compel me to cultivate greater compassion for myself and others.
22) I appreciate my country. Thank you, Universe, for placing me smack in the middle of the USA where I was born, and then calling me to California in 1994. I LOVE living in San Diego near the Pacific Ocean and am so grateful I have the freedom to live the lifestyle of my choice. I will continue to pray that each person everywhere has the freedom to authentically choose and create the life of their most heartfelt dreams.
Now you, my dear. What’s on your appreciation list?
May you find many things to appreciate and celebrate in your life!
- Puppy, Paris & passion projects, oh my! - July 6, 2022
- Favorite quote from TEDxSanDiego & how this relates to you - April 1, 2022
- My biggest “aha” as a TEDx speaker coach - February 18, 2022
- 2021 gratitude & new year’s intentions - January 27, 2022
- How to find your Big Idea + my SUE Talk! - December 21, 2021