2021 gratitude & new year’s intentions
Have you done your recap of 2021 yet?
I’m just now getting to mine and recently listed out the things I’m celebrating–including the challenges–from the past year. If you haven’t already done this, truly, don’t miss the opportunity.
Here are highlights from my 2021 gratitude list:
* Became a TEDx Speaker Coach for the TEDxRutgers-Camden event – livestreamed on YouTube February 5th
* Led 2 Speak Shine Sell Workshops and twice monthly trainings and speaker practice sessions for my Soulful Speakers Club tribe
* Worked with incredible clients and helped them prepare for major speaking events at Greenbuild, TEDx, SUE Talks, a wellness weekend, plus webinars, podcasts and other speaking gigs. Recently, one of my TEDx speaker clients shared this testimonial with me:
“Today seemed like a great day to tell you how much your care about my TEDx talk has meant to me. It’s not only your thoughtful and sensitive edits, but your gentle way of delivering the constructive feedback. Your coaching has made my talk better. I deeply appreciate you pointing your skills and heart and mind in my direction. Thank you, Rebecca! I highly recommend you as a total pro in this space.”
TEDx Speaker, Author of “Be the Ultimate Assistant”
* Hosted my 3rd year of the Savvy, Soulful & Successful Radio Show, spoke at Fab Fempreneur Fest, Moxie Camp, Soul Business Lab, and the Simplified Life Wellness Weekend, as well as on the Brian Kelly Show, Radiant Achiever Podcast and others.
* Did a writing retreat and committed to publishing my first book this year (oh yeah!)
* Worked with my own speaking mentor, joined a business mastermind and did a fun mini-photo shoot
* Did major home upgrades: most notable, we converted our garage to my husband’s office space; and added a door to my office, plus a comfy queen’s chair & ottoman
* Took a 4-week singing class!
* Celebrated 14 years of marriage to my incredible husband and our awesome son’s 13th birthday
* My amazing 92-year-old mom finished writing a book of her life story and gave all of her kids copies for Christmas. I’m so proud of her!! She continues to keep her mind sharp and stay (mostly) healthy.
* My family and close friends are all healthy and well. Wow, what a blessing!
* Travelled to Maui, Bay Area, Dallas, Austin, Vegas, Newport Beach, and Lake Arrowhead, and hosted a number of dear friends visiting us in San Diego.
* My heart continues to open wide with compassion for all those suffering and struggling, and I’m grateful I could increase my giving to people, nonprofits and causes that mean so much to me.
My intention for 2022? In whatever I’m doing, being or giving to simply:
Live with Grace and Have Fun.
And to follow Rumi’s advice:
When I run after what I think I want, my days are a furnace of stress and anxiety; if I sit in my own place of patience, what I need flows to me, and without pain. From this I understand that what I want also wants me, is looking for me and attracting me. There is a great secret here for anyone who can grasp it.
So, tell me, what’s your word, theme or intention for the new year?
I’d love to hear! Comment below and let me know what you’re creating in 2022.
- Puppy, Paris & passion projects, oh my! - July 6, 2022
- Favorite quote from TEDxSanDiego & how this relates to you - April 1, 2022
- My biggest “aha” as a TEDx speaker coach - February 18, 2022
- 2021 gratitude & new year’s intentions - January 27, 2022
- How to find your Big Idea + my SUE Talk! - December 21, 2021